Saturday, June 19, 2010

Perth Upmarket


Next weekend is the next Perth Upmarket being held at the University Of W.A in Nedlands.
It comes around just soooo fast , I can hardly believe it .

I really love attending this market as it is so well organized and has so many amazing artists and makers there.
I rarely get to have a look around and when I do I just love seeing what everyone has been doing.

My new thing is unique hand made hand bags . I just LOVE sourcing new fabrics and matching them up together. I never know what they are going to look like until I start cutting out the patten.
They just evolve like a painting would .

I'm probably always going to move from one medium to the next .
My philosophy has always been - If I don't get bored , no one else will!

I have recently returned back from a "short" trip to Bali .... 5 days . I'm here in body but my spirit is still walking around Seminyak some where . Its been 10 years since I last visited the island and I absolutely loved going back there .
Visited a lady who might be able to print up some fabric for me . That will take the bags to another level.
I always enjoyed textiles and am looking forward to a bit more dabbling.

Bali is a great place to visit for inspiration . It really did stir the deep depths of creativity for me and am looking forward to using some ideas in my work .
Visited an amazing button shop (where I spent a fortune) and a wonderful traditional batik studio.
And a few Bintangs by the beach went down well ...
Oh well , until next time.... hope to catch you at the Upmarket if your in Perth.

No comments:

Post a Comment